Yes, it’s that time again when we do a versus post and compare virgin vs. Remy hair extensions and here is what you need to know. First, we understand that all those different hair types may be confusing and it’s hard to determine what you are buying.
In order to remove any doubts and provide you with a better understanding of both Virgin and Remy extensions. Both are quite similar and have almost the same quality, but there are some key differences you should be aware. We will also discuss the main advantages and disadvantages of both which might help you choose between the two.
1What Are Virgin Hair Extensions?
– Non-processed hair from same donor means virgin. Most people in the industry (at least in the marketing department) classify virgin hair as the highest possible quality hair. Basically, to be classified as virgin hair, strands must not be dyed, bleached or modified in any other way (chemically or mechanically). and come from a single donor. That’s is basically it. If any of those terms are not met, you cannot call that hair virgin.
So, what happens when dye virgin hair extensions? They become non-virgin.
Virgin Hair Extensions Advantages
- As we have revealVirgin Hair Extensions Disadvantages
ed earlier, the biggest advantage of virgin hair is that the hair was never processed. Some women love purity.
- More often, virgin hair tends to be softer than regular Remy hair. AiryHair Remy products are as soft as virgin hair due to a special formula.
- Since virgin hair comes from a single donor, all strands will look identical and be of the same quality.
- Because manufactures do not process virgin hair, these extensions tend to last longer than other hair types.
- Virgin extension will usually blend better, if color matches.
Virgin Hair Extensions Disadvantages
- Costs more than Remy hair. Since Virgin hair is so pure, it is always more expensive which is not good news for women on a tight budget.
- Unless you are rocking color #1B (the most common color for virgin hair), you are out of luck as you will still have to dye or bleach them, which pretty much eliminates the point of virgin hair.
- You’ll have to buy a ridiculous quality virgin hair with a price tag of more than $700 to make match (but not surpass) Remy extensions thickness.
- Virgin extensions are not processed and cannot be as tangle free as Remy hair.
- While you pay a lot more for virgin hair, chances are no-one will ever tell the difference compared to regular Remy extensions.
- You can still damage virgin hair if not handled properly, despite high-quality. The maintenance is identical to your own or Remy hair. Unfortunately, there is no magic hair that will stay perfect forever.
- No-one controls labeling. You can buy regular hair marked as virgin for triple the price without knowing.
2What Are Remy Hair Extensions?
Remy extensions are also made of high-quality hair, just like virgin hair. However, there’s an extra step, like dying or processing the strands to make them curly. That’s why you can get so many different shades and textures of extensions. Virgin hair is usually black. The most popular regions for hair exports are Asian, and most of them rock black hair.
Remy hair is the most common choice for most women who buy extensions since there are so many advantages. Let go through some of them.
Remy Hair Advantages
- One of the main advantages of Remy hair is that it is much cheaper than virgin strands. Remy extensions are very affordable for almost everyone, regardless of the application method. For example, you can buy gorgeous Remy clip-in extensions from AiryHair for just $30. That’s a pretty good deal.
- The quality of Remy extension is really high, and hair tends to last for over 6 months.
- AiryHair Remy extensions are as silky and sleek as virgin hair.
- Higher color and styles variety. This is another huge advantage of Remy hair extensions since most women want to be able to choose from different shades, textures and styles and that’s what makes extensions fun! There are no color limitations and you can match your natural shade perfectly. AiryHair also offers Ombré Remy extensions and that elevates color game to a whole new level.
- Our Remy hair extensions are usually of better quality since we can use multiple donors to make perfect, thick and even strands. Remy extensions will always be thicker than virgin hair extensions.
Remy Hair Disadvantages
- Some suppliers will label any hair Remy, which can be misleading since there are no official institutions that control labeling. Same applies to virgin extensions.
- The only other disadvantage of Remy hair is that it has been processed i.e. dyed or curled. That’s not necessary a bad thing, but still worth pointing out.
3Standard Remy vs. Virgin Hair Extensions
– Unless you are a purist, get Remy extensions and save hundreds of bucks. At the end of the day, it all comes down to the size of your wallet and your taste, but for the 99% of women, we would still recommend Remy human hair (even though we sell both). The reason? It’s simple: both Remy and virgin hair is of the highest quality possible, but Remy hair is more affordable, comes in dozens of different shades, textures, and styles, it is much easier to blend, and lasts almost as long as virgin hair.
While virgin hair extensions are unprocessed and pure, you can usually get them in one shade only and most women don’t have natural pure black strands. If you have the budget to afford it and your natural locks are black, go for it, but for all other girls we would advise Remy hair.
And here you have it. If you are interested in weaves, see our virgin hair extensions page and for everyone else, see our Remy hair extensions page. Due to a popular demand, we have extended our hair extensions stock and now carry 200+ new hair extension models, including virgin hair! And for a limited time only, we have slashed hair prices by 50%.
If you’ve found our article helpful, please share it on your social profiles and tell your friends.