There’s so much that we don’t know!
1 Top 10 Awesome Hair Color Facts
- Just 2% of world’s population are blond.
- Black hair is the most common color of them all.
- What’s the rarest hair color? It’s red! Only around of 1% of the world’s population has it.
- Scottish people should be proud for their red hair. The total of 13% of the Scotts have red hair. That’s larger than any other population.
- Back in the 1950s, around 7% of American women dyed their hair.
- The number today is way higher! A total of 75% of all American women dye their hair.
- Blond hair is more expensive and will cost up to 3x more than dark hair.
- In a survey by Clarol, they found perceptions of people differed based on their hair color. We perceive blondes as fun and flirty while brunettes said to be smart and serious.
- What about redheads? We label them as strong individuals.
- US has a second largest population of natural redheads, which is around 5%.
2 Top 10 Interesting Facts About Hair Beauty
- Where does the word shampoo come from? It’s a Hindi-Urdu word “champna” meaning “to smear, knead the muscles, massage”.
- Men spend around 5 months of their lifetime shaving.
- On the other hand, the time spend washing, low drying and styling their is 1 hour and 53 minutes on average. After we turn 65, the total time spent doing all these things will be equal to 7 months.
- What’s the world’s longest ear hair? It’s a staggering 25cm (9.8 in).
- Women love shopping and spend close to $800 on hair styling products annually.
- What would happen if men never shaved their beards? They would grow to over 30 feet.
- Now, we have learned about ear hair, what about men with longest hair? This record belongs to Tran Van Hay from Vietnam. As a result of careful maintenance, he has grown hair to be 6.8 meters (22 ft 3 in) before passing away in 2010. So, what was the total hair weight? 10.5kg or 23.14 pounds.
- You need to lose at least 50% of your hair to be visibly balding.
- How long does it take for grey hairs to show from stress, shock or aging? That’s just 13 days.
- In addition to longest male record, the world’s longest female hair record belongs to Xie Ziuping from China. She was growing her hair for more than 30 years before measuring. The Guiness World Records state that her locks are 5.62 meters (18 ft 5.54 in) long. For the rest of us, 40-inch hair extensions will do just fine.
3 Top 10 Interesting Hair History Facts
- Did you know that ancient Egyptian civilization was the first to start removing unwanted body hair?
- Dreadlocks are said to have biblical justification.
- Ancient Greeks associated blond hair with prostitution.
- Women dyed their hair blonde with pigeon dung in ancient Rome.
- In order westernize Russian society, Peter the Great of Russia created a beard tax.
- They have used beard tokens with tags such as “the beard tax has been taken” and “the beard is a superfluous burden”.
- Instead of pigeons, women living in Renaissance Venice dyed their hair blond using horse urine.
- Back then it was also expected for women to pluck their hairline to give them a higher forehead.
- The ancient Greeks believed that redheads turn into vampires after their death.
- While Victorian era artisans made jewelry and lockets from the hair of deceased loved one.
4 Top 10 Weirdest Hair History Facts
- Your hair strands might contain gold! As well as up to 14 different elements.
- Do you like pizza crust or bages? There is a human hair additive in your foods. Good luck eating after learning this one.
- Healthy hair will stretch up 30% more when wet.
- A cheap Chinese company of soy sauce HONGSHUAI SOY SAUCE used amino acids from human hair. At least until they were caught.
- How much hair do we produce? Around 10 miles or 16 km / yearly.
- Hair will absorb oil from water, just like a sponge!
- How strong is your hair? Shave it all and the ponytail will support 12-tons (or two elephants) of weight.
- Your hair will grow faster in an anticipation of intercourse.
- Ever wondered how do eco-friendly volunteers clean oil spills and other nasty things? By using human hair.
- Your hair sheds around 50 to 150 of strands per day Our genes and lifestyle determine that.
- Interestingly enough, the only part of your hair that is alive is inside your scalp!
5 Top 10 Cool Hair Biology Facts
- How much hair is there on your head? Around 100,000 pieces!
- Our bone marrow is the quickest growing issue. What’s the second fastest? Our hair.
- What is our hade made of? It’s 50.65% carbon, 20.85% oxygen, 17.14% nitrogen, 6.36% hydrogen and 5% Sulphur.
- Your hair color determines the number of strands on your head. For blonds the number is 146,000, black-haired – 110,000, brown-haired – 100,000 and redheads – 86,000.
- Our hair works like memory and has information about our body and bloodstream. These include minerals and drugs.
- For that reason, investigators often use hair for forensic evidence.
- Take that hair-cross section and internalize. You can tell what race or ethnic origin everyone is just by looking at their shape. People of Asian descent have very round shaped hair while African Americans have very flat shaped hair. Lastly, Europeans have oval-shaped hair.
- Your hair follicles have formed when you were just 5-months young.
- Human hair tends to grow everywhere. Well, except for the soles of feet, palms of hands, and mucous membranes lips.
- Why do we get goosebumps when it’s cold? Because of our hair follicles contract. As a result, our skin makes the hair bunch up and stand on its ends.
- Our bodies have around 5 million hair follicles.
Thanks for reading.